Discussion Paper 6: Safety and Environmental Protection
CLOSED: This discussion has concluded.
This is the 6th of 12 discussion papers. For the full list, click here.
This discussion paper talks about the safety and environmental oversight of facilities regulated by the National Energy Board (NEB).
We look forward to reading your answers to the questions below and any comments you may have after reading the discussion paper below. The deadline to submit comments is March 31, 2017.
Download Discussion Paper 6: Safety and Environmental Protection
- What are your views with respect to the existing compliance and enforcement tools available to the NEB for safety and environmental protection?
- What are your views as to adherence to these tools?
- What are your views as to the current use of these tools to advance risk management and any barriers or remedies that would enhance safety?
- What are your views as to the safety and environmental performance reporting that is currently done and areas for improvement?
- Can the process by which the NEB evaluates compliance and adherence to conditions be made more efficient? If so, how?
- Are there additional initiatives the NEB could undertake to help promote a positive culture for safety and environmental protection?
- What are your views on monitoring committees?
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link