Funding to Support Public Travel
Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) is offering funding to support public travel to participate in engagement sessions with the National Energy Board (NEB) Modernization Expert Panel.
Who can apply?
Funding is available to members of the public.
How funding will be allocated
Limited funding may be provided on a case by case basis, subject to the established criteria below and when other methods of participation are not possible or feasible.
Funding decisions will be based on the following assessment criteria:
- The funding is dedicated to supporting a portion of travel costs, up to a maximum of $1000 in accordance with the National Joint Council Travel Directive. Other activities such as preparatory community meetings or preparation of submissions are not eligible for funding.
- The NEB Modernization Expert Panel must be meeting more than 100 kilometers from the applicant’s community.
- The applicant has relevant experience or knowledge related to NEB processes, projects, policies, legislation or regulations.
- In order to maximize the engagement of Canadians, funding will be provided to only one individual representative of any group to travel to one of the public events held by the Panel.
- In order to ensure the most effective use of public funds, the applicant must consider the most cost-effective means of transport to the event to be attended.
- Recipients who have already been allocated funding for Indigenous participation in the NEB Modernization review are not eligible for funding to support public travel.
Only travel expenses incurred to participate in engagement with the NEB Modernization Expert Panel are eligible for reimbursement. Travel expenses may include transportation, meals, lodging and incidentals. Travel expenses must be reasonable and in accordance with the National Joint Council Travel Directive.
A maximum of $1000 is available per applicant.
How to apply?
To apply, send an email outlining your travel plan and how you will contribute to the process and any supporting documentation to NRCan.NEBModernization-ModernisationONE.RNCan@Canada.ca with the subject line “Public travel request for funding”. Please also include your name, and whether or not you are participating on behalf of an organization or association. Successful applicants will be contacted directly by NRCan officials.
Please submit your application for public travel funding no later than one week prior to your anticipated travel date.
Should you wish, you may also mail your application to:
Applications will be accepted until March 22, 2017.